Any plans for adonis 4.2

Hi, Any plans for adonis 4.2 ?

I don’t want to migrate to v.5
I hate TypeScript

Let’s be honest, typescript is waste of time, nothing more…

Hi, Any plans for adonis 4.2 ?

It is stable. Everything else that remains is a matter of npm packages developers can design and share.

I don’t want to migrate to v.5
I hate TypeScript

Version 5 is not only about TypeScript. Follow the developer’s Twitter profiles, for example, you will learn more about it (from time to time). You can also check its plan to see what it will bring to the table.

This discussion may be helpful too: Adonis Roadmap?

Let’s be honest, typescript is waste of time, nothing more…

Well … that is your opinion :slight_smile: but you can code in vanilla JavaScript in AdonisJs version 5.

Yup as @begueradj said, v5 is beyond Typescript.

I have added support for nested route groups, signed urls, health checks and option to add custom health checks methods

I am working to improve Lucid a lot and get rid of weird edge cases it currently has. Also, now with Lucid you can have hotConnections which disconnects from the database server after inactivity, this is helpful when you have a multi tenant app and wants to have a separate DB connection for each client.

Adding all this without having any breaking changes is hard, so v5 is suitable for that.

Regarding typescript, yes you will be able to still use Javascript as earlier. However, I am happy to change your mind for typescript, coz I myself used to dislike it earlier

5 Likes

Wouldn’t all those type checkings, Interfaces, namespaces, Decorators and… make Adonis speed slower? :thinking:

1 Like

You need to dig into how exactly typescript works to understand if all that really matters at runtime. :blush:

There’s a discussion in this forum post too:

Future of Adonisjs

1 Like