Enable optimistic locking in Models

I’m starting an API Rest with the Adonis-CLI template for APIs

How can I add a Version field for all my models?

I would like to control the version of the registry in case some user modified the registry.

The same makes the Sequelize

http://docs.sequelizejs.com/manual/tutorial/models-definition.html#configuration

Can you share how it is supposed to work?

It is quite simple, but widely used in business applications. so there is no problem with changes in the same registry.

// Enable optimistic locking. When enabled, sequelize will add a version count attribute
// to the model and throw an OptimisticLockingError error when stale instances are saved.
// Set to true or a string with the attribute name you want to use to enable.

version: true

same as adding the dates fields for the time that was inserted and the record was modified. We could also have a default method to add a _version int field for this record modification management.

And even have a method to add a insert date and user insert and date of update and user of update and _version of the record. All fields of control of a record.

I suspect the most efficient way to achieve this would be to extend the base lucid model class, and override the existing save/update/etc methods including the necessary additional logic to handle writing of version data. You would probably also need some new methods to provide for management of versioning – ie: setting currently active version, diffing between versions, etc.

You would also need to change how keys work, so that multiple items can have the same id with different version ids.

yes! and how to do it? Would not it be interesting to have it in the ORM by default?